[SWLUG] Microsoft Vs. Linux Celtic Manor July 7th - anybody going?

Peter Joseph kneecaps at shockpulse.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 21:16:02 UTC 2004

Oh come on! Don't tell me I'm going to be the only person flying the
flag! :( wouldn't a SWLUG presence be useful at something like this?

We know licencing generally sucks, especially M$ style! But it's there
M$ seminars that perpetuate microsoft dogma to big company reps! It's
big company reps who influence big companies! Big companies affect
things, for example the Palladium chip system that M$ are trying to push
to  manufacturers like AMD and Intel. Do you want to only be physically
able to run M$ 'digitally signed' programs on your future machine? This
is the kind of crap they are trying to pass off...

If supporters of free software, free beer , free lunches or whatever
don't turn up to voice their opininons then it's the equivilent of not
voting!

Some come and lets upset the M$ applecart!

Pete

--

Peter Joseph                               Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer
kneecaps at shockpulse.co.uk                          kneecaps at debian.org