[SWLUG] Perl in HTML

nat nat at nuqe.net
Fri Mar 12 12:48:41 UTC 2004

Greetings SWLUG'ers.

At the moment we have a large web based application, we use a
selection of technologies; all the backend batch processing is
done in Perl on Linux and the front end web GUI is in ASP on
Windows.

We are planning on moving away from the ASP based section to a
Perl one so we can get away from running Windows on those boxes.

I'm not planning on using PHP on this project as it seems silly to
use yet another language.

Keen on using some type of embedded/tagged language that we can
mix in with HTML as it allows us to easily hand the design of the
pages over to the designers who have no interest or skills in coding.

I've spent the last few days exploring things like Mason and
EmbPerl. Has anyone got any good/bad things to say about these?

Thanks!

nat,
--
http://photos.nuqe.net