[SWLUG] Mandrake and ntl Broadband - continued

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 11:31:12 UTC 2004

as i recall it is the mac address of the cable modem that gets registered
it was listed on the box mine came in! :)
will the engineer know where to install the cable, if you already have an ntl
installation for tv etc. then i imagine that that cable to the modem will be
run from the existing installation point, make sure the engineer knows where
you want the modem so that the engineer runs the right length of cable,
since you won't be there it may be as well to ensure that the engineer knows
you are going to use ethernet and leaves the right cable for the modem, of
course you can use your own and in all likelihood the engineer will just open
the modem box and leave all its other contents for you but why risk the
annoyance?

bascule

--
Rincewind had always been happy to think of himself as a racist. The One
Hundred Meters, the Mile, the Marathon -- he'd run them all.