[SWLUG] Sendmail?

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Thu May 6 16:36:44 UTC 2004

Keith Edmunds wrote:
>For what it's worth, I'd agree with that - I tend to use Postfix unless
my customers have a
>particular desire to use an alternative.

Thanks for the comments. I'll have a look at postfix.
For the record I know why one system I have works and the other doesn't.
Without a config Sendmail connects directly using its hostname to
identify itself to the destination machine. It fails if the DNS domain
isn't valid. On my dodgy system the DNS name does not agree with the
hostname. Demon have been asked to correct it and give enough time I'm
sure they will :-)

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.