[SWLUG] Linux notebook recommendations

'o-Dzin Tridral gbve6hk02 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 25 17:43:39 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I would appreciate any recommendations on notebook conputers capable of running Linux (if possible Mandrake).

Our trusty Psions (Series 7 and Netbook) are starting to show their age and may not be viable much longer.  They have been useful machines particularly as they are about the smallest you can get and still have a decent keyboard and screen, and also because they don't have to boot up.

As the latest Psions (Netbook pro) run Windows, we won't be replacing out current models with those, and are looking for something running Linux.

Thank you for any help you can offer, either by way of recommendations, or on what to avoid.

'o-Dzin