[SWLUG] RE: Deadtop

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters.net
Thu May 27 13:48:18 UTC 2004

Emyr wrote:
> pop down to a suitably small 'puter shop and see if they have an adapter
so
> that you can [temporarily] plug the desktop HD in; that should help to
> isolate the problem.

Not sure if this helps, but I recently purchased a 2.5" laptop IDE to
desktop IDE converter/adapter thingy recently - it lets you plug your laptop
hard disk drive into a desktop PC.  I got it from eBay from the vendor below
for £4.99 (£3 of which was postage & packing).  This vendor seems to have a
number of them for auction.  Mine took about a week to arrive:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31534&item=3483254455

Regards,
Dafydd Walters.