[SWLUG] separating terminal boxes

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 16:56:05 UTC 2004

Can anyone help me sort this problem?

On my desktop I am running a number of programs currently. I have a web
browser, kmail a text editior etc and I am also running the terminal program.

I am using terminal for three things

1 session is SSHed into my webserver in the USA. I am typing commands and
creating a small3 line configuration file for a directory full of data.

Session 2 is running a perl program which FTPs 200 data items into the
directory I am currently working on.

Session 3 is for me to run a small program producing the random data for one
of the configuration lines that I paste into session 1. and for me to check
odds and ends.

The problem is that they are represented on the gnome desk top as one item and
I have to chose each one of the three off a menu.

Is there any way  to give them seperate icons as most of the time I am
swapping between them.

I have about 2 dozen more directories to prepare and there will be more in the
future. It is getting tedious. I have automated as much as I can but this
would be much easier with separate icons on the taskbar.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog