[SWLUG] System clock loosing time

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 18:24:03 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 17:03, Bryn Reeves wrote:
> On 13:04 Tue 16 Nov     , Philip Barnes wrote:
> > Years ago replacing the cmos battery was a part of life, not done it for
> > sometime now.
>
> This reminds me of my old Amiga A500s.. for which the battery backup for
> the clock was an optional extra (normally on a RAM board in the 'trapdoor'
> slot IIRC).
>
> Or the beebs even - it was clockwork on the model A wasn't it? ;-)
>
> *sigh* Those were the days...
>
> Bryn.

Ah they were. I used to be able to read 6502 machine language just from the
numbers. 32k ram 2mh processor. I used to think it was such a good machine.

We shall see if my mahine has kept the right time when I switch it on in the
morning.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog