[SWLUG] laptops

Toby Maxwell-Lyte Toby.Maxwell-Lyte at eazyweb.net
Tue Oct 12 17:31:12 UTC 2004

Hi Rhys,

Something to bear in mind is the US keyboard layout. It takes a bit
to get used to the different @ " and / positions. I am aware that
they can be remapped but it's a little dificult to explain to the gf
that they keys don't do what's written on them :-)

Regards
Toby

On 12 Oct 2004 at 17:13, Rhys Sage wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting a brand spanking new laptop in
> America. Any suggestions as to something that'll:
>
> Last at least 5 years before it meets the dustman or
> needs repair.
>
> Has USB, at least 10GB HDD, PCMCIA, CAT5 and a CD R/W
> or even a CD R/W DVD combo.
>
> Inexpensive and with  available replacement
> chargers/batteries.
>
> Good battery duration. Less than 4 hours and there's
> no advantage in having a laptop as opposed to a desknote.

Toby Maxwell-Lyte    Project Manager

--/--/--/--   e a z y w e b  --/--/--/--
M u l t i m e d i a  &  W e b  D e s i g n
info at eazyweb.net    http://www.eazyweb.net
         http://www.eazycms.com
Tel: +44 (0)29 20344006   Fax: +44 (0)29 20344008

   For all your digital design needs...

This E-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. It is only intended for the use of the
Addressee. If you are not the addressee, the disclosure,
copying or delivering of this to any one else is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
E-mail in error, please delete immediately.