[SWLUG] laptops

Julian Hall linux at kaotic.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 20:28:40 UTC 2004

Hi All,

On the subject of laptops, could somebody please advise me if the
decision to move the input devices in 2.6 kernels so that laptop
trackpads don't work anymore has been corrected yet?  I have a Sony
PCG-FX203 and I am running Mandrake 9.1 (2.4.* kernel) because no 2.6.*
kernels will operate the trackpad at all.

I've Googled for answers, the pages that mention modifying kernel
modules may as well be Dutch to me as a relative newbie, and I am on the
Sony-Linux mailing list as well, and they don't know!

Kind regards,

Julian

PS I am in a wheelchair hence my lack of appearances so far at LUG
meetings.  What's wheelchair access like at the venues you all attend?