[SWLUG] USA Laptops

Gareth Bowker tgb at tgb.org.uk
Mon Oct 25 11:45:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 11:56 +0100, Michael Parker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll be popping to the US in a few weeks, and people have said that apple
> laptops are worth looking at for comparative UK cheapness and linux
> usability... can anyone point me in a very rough direction of where to get
> them from and roughly how much they'd cost?

Last time I checked, the price difference on an Apple laptop wasn't that
great between the UK and US. Other thing to think about is the warranty
- how much will it cost if you need to have it repaired? Also, you're
meant to pay import duty if you buy one in the states...

There's an Apple store in Cardiff if you want to have a gander before
you go :)