[SWLUG] USA Laptops

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 12:02:19 UTC 2004

Quoting Gareth Bowker <tgb at tgb.org.uk>:

<snip>

> Last time I checked, the price difference on an Apple laptop wasn't that
> great between the UK and US. Other thing to think about is the warranty
> - how much will it cost if you need to have it repaired? Also, you're
> meant to pay import duty if you buy one in the states...

Ibooks seem to me to be pretty cheap at the moment, especially as apple have
just reduced the price and increased the specs. (I ordered one just
before they
change the specs and changed my order as soon as I noticed, as it saved me a
fair bit (I didn't need the airport card as an extra any more, for a start!)
They also seem to be pretty sturdy compared to everything else in their price
range, which should help as I seem to throw my laptops around rather a lot.

Kat