[SWLUG] Proxy Server

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 09:39:52 UTC 2004

On 22:20 Tue 28 Sep     , Terry John wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get a SOCKS 5 proxy server?

Hi Terry,
There's a few out there, although I've not personally used any of
them. Socks Server 5 is a Linux/Solaris socks 4/5 server, homepage is
here: http://digilander.libero.it/matteo.ricchetti/

Also, doing an apt-cache search socks on my machine revealed:
antinat - SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 compliant SOCKS server
dante - Free Socks v4/v5 client implementation.
dante-server - A free Socks v4/v5 server implementation

These are all RPM packages from dag.wieers.com's apt repository:
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

Hope these are useful.

Cheers,

Bryn.