[SWLUG] Ubuntu - the fixings

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 15:31:55 UTC 2005

Looks like Ubuntu's working well. I plugged in a USB
flash media reader and it reads my CF cards. It keeps
asking if I want to import photos though and only
wants to import my jpeg files rather than my mov and
avi files. How do I get it to do all of them
automatically?

I've copied (via CF card) the RPM file for gnucash.
How do I make it work on Ubuntu? So far I found that
the RPM is the same as a zip file on Windows (with
loads of folders inside, one curiously being called
"etc"). Can I have simple blow-by-blow instructions on
this please? Once I've done it once, I might be able
to do it again.