[SWLUG] Ubuntu - the fixings

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 15:47:34 UTC 2005

Rhys Sage wrote:
> Looks like Ubuntu's working well. I plugged in a USB
> flash media reader and it reads my CF cards. It keeps
> asking if I want to import photos though and only
> wants to import my jpeg files rather than my mov and
> avi files. How do I get it to do all of them
> automatically?

This is all handled by the Gnome Volume Manager, which talks to HAL and
DBUS to find out when devices are connected/inserted. If you want to
change the settings, run

# gnome-volume-properties

but it is limited on what you can do.

--
Jonathan Wright <mail at djnauk dot co dot uk>
   life has no meaning unless we can enjoy what we've been given