[SWLUG] Re: Ubuntu - the fixings

Philip Barnes phil at trig222.f9.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 18:36:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 08:05 +0100, Steve Hill wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Gareth Bowker wrote:
>
> > HSBC Business Banking is broken in Firefox right now. It used to work
>
> HSBC's personal banking has worked under FireFox for years, as has
> NationWide.

Back in the old days of dial-up and a P100 running RH6.2, I had a
problem connecting to HSBC personal banking.

I was running Netscape 4.7 at the time, 6 was out but the P100 just
couldn't handle it.

I phoned the tech support, who phoned me back as I was using my mobile.
The guy knew the problem, and where on the menus the clear cache was,
sorted in a couple of minutes.

Phil