[SWLUG] Re: Ubuntu: The Fixings - Alternative browsers and banks

Phillip Evans phillip at paevans.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 20:32:58 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have been using Mozilla with various distros of Linux from Red Hat 5
through to Mandrake 10 for online banking for about 5 years now without
any problems at all. I bank with Barclays & Abbey. Abbey does warn that
you are using an "unsupported browser" which may not work but it always
does - so no problem. Barclays has never had a problem with non-IE browsers.

I feel most unsafe connecting through Windoze for anything important.

Phillip