[SWLUG] Speedtouch USB modems.

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 19:25:21 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 7:47 pm, Phillip Evans wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am thinking of going broadband (probably with pipex) and will be
> connecting with a Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem. I believe that there
> are Linux drivers available for this, I currently use Mandrake 10 but
> may switch to Suse 9.2.
>
> Can anyone kinfly point me in the direction of where to get the
> appropriate software and any comments on its use.
>
> All comments gratefully received.
>
> Phillip Evans

Im using this modem with great success on SuSE 9.2 with the drivers from
http://speedtouchconf.sourceforge.net (Bear in mind you may need to tinker a
bit with /etc/speedtouch.conf if it doesn't startup at boot automagically -
all you need to do is set some variabes - I can help if you want)!

--
adam rykala / adam at rykala.demon.co.uk / pgp key id: 0x7f3c5776

		C Jack code. C code run. C Jack debug.