[SWLUG] Speedtouch USB modems.

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 7 21:37:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 19:47 +0100, Phillip Evans wrote:
> Can anyone kinfly point me in the direction of where to get the
> appropriate software and any comments on its use.

I had some success with eciadsl - it may be worth having a look at that
if you don't have any luck with the others. It did crash periodically
when my machine was under load (though *much* less when I got DMA
support back working on my hard drives - a bit of a gotcha if you
recompile the kernel) but in general it was pretty usable.

Eventually I gave in and got a wireless router (netgear, wouldn't
recommend it) because "the boss" complained about the phone extension
running out the window and upstairs!

There are a lot of things that I could do easily then that I no longer
can, so the argument is not so one-sided as some people would say.

Foeh