[SWLUG] using locate and update DB on additional disk

nat nat at nuqe.net
Sun Apr 17 11:41:51 UTC 2005

On 16 Apr 2005, at 23:37, Neil Jones wrote:

> I have 3 hard disks on my system.
> 1 is a windows disk
> number 2 is my main linux disk
> number 3 is an extra linux disk actally my original one.
>
> Updatdb and locate are only working on the first 2
>
> It doesn't find the contents of the third.
>
> I need to be able to seartch number 3.
> How do I do it?

Tried man updatedb?

Maybe you could force the third disk into the locate db via
--localpaths=/pathto/disk3 etc

You might also be able to add it via /etc/updatedb.conf
(where it is on my debian boxes). I've made extra entries
on ours to ignore NFS/Samba servers etc.

nat,
--
http://photos.nuqe.net        PGP: 0x76CBE686