[SWLUG] Carmarthen meeting timings

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Tue Apr 19 21:08:44 UTC 2005

Dave Cridland wrote:
> I'd say make them once a week, rotating around Mon/Tues/Wed/Thu (4 days
> for 3 events, rather than 3 days for 2), skipping a week between each
> rotation. (So Thu -> Mon).

As one of the original proponents of the 12-12-15 system, I think
8-8-8-12 is a worthy successor... :)

> One of the more interesting problems to solve with the talks is that we
> have a wide spectrum of members - ranging from first-time users to
> world-famous gurus. We also range from home users to business users, and
> include businesses which actually offer services around Linux and
> related things (like hardware).

I think if people are in town, or if there are things people want to
learn about (are there? bring them up on list?) we can arrange the odd
talk, but I'm not sure it would be a great idea to "add them to the
schedule" and risk ending up having scheduled talks when we don't
especially have anyone to talk or anything to talk about. Certainly when
it was starting out in Cardiff there was some bumbling around with a
room in the uni and some PCs and fiddling, and then (almost) everyone
went to the pub and enjoyed that much better. :)

> Dave.

Of course, you should be rightly cynical of my input because I spend the
majority of my time in Cambridge... :)

Regards,
Rob