[SWLUG] DCC Chat in XChat (Linux)

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 14:30:08 UTC 2005

steve at nexusuk.org wrote:

> Have you checked your firewall settings?  DCC makes a direct
> connection between the clients instead of directing all the traffic
> through the server so will be upset by firewalls, NAT, etc in the way.

Thanks for the suggestion Steve, but as the machine dualboots Windows
and mirc works fine I ruled out firewaals as the only one running (in
Linux) is the hardware one on the router.

However,

Physician heal thyself :)  Didn't have much time this morning as I was
on the way out, but now I Googled and found out that I had to check the
"Get IP Address from Server" option.  The DCC Chat worked first time :)

Thought I'd let you know in case anyone else runs into it.

Kind regards,

Julian