[SWLUG] #swlug IRC channel location - reasons to move

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Aug 15 13:33:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Dave Cridland wrote:

> Unfortunately, we're stuck with IRC. So being stuck with IRC, we might as
> well make the best we can from it. That, oddly enough, also seems to be
> Lilo's driving force, which is why I feel that Freenode is the best choice.

We are not "stuck" with IRC really - there are other (open, cross
platform) protocols which will do more or less the same job.  E.g. is
there any reason why we don't move #swlug to a Jabber conference server
although I would suggest running our own server since jabber.org and
jabber.org.uk aren't the most stable in my experience).

--

  - Steve    XMPP/Jabber: steve at nexusuk.org    Web: http://www.nexusuk.org/