[SWLUG] I mucked up printing

Dick Bain dick at towy71.uklinux.net
Thu Feb 24 20:06:49 UTC 2005

Stephanos wrote:

> I was able to print from every application using the kprinter --stdin
> command.  The only problem was Mozilla.  When I printed out an e-mail
> words were missing from the end of each line.  I got some tech support
> from Mandrake Expert, to try xpp in the Print Command of Mozilla.  I did
> but there was no improvement.  While in Mozilla I decided to put back
> kprinter --stdin into the Print Command box.
>
> Now printing from any application using kprinter does not work.  I get
> an error message:
> "Error while reading filter description for true (true was in bold).
> Empty command line received".

8<

I have found through experience that mandrake tends to break both
printing occassionaly, I have grown used to deleting the printer and
setting it up afresh once every two or three weeks.
I have not a clue why this happens but when you say Mozilla and probs
since I installed firefox the printer has been behaving rather well!
oo er missus
Dick ;-)