[SWLUG] Crontab difficulties

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 22:28:49 UTC 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 13:37, nat wrote:
> On 21 Dec 2004, at 21:12, Neil Jones wrote:
> > I am trying to get a program to run every minute using crontab.
> > using crontab -e I have set up the following.
> >
> > * * * * * /programpath etc.
> >
> > The program simply waits a random number of extra seconds and saves
> > the time
> > before the wait and after to a file.
> >
> > Running it from the command line. It works.
> > However nothing seems to happen from the crontab.
>
> Tried getting it to write to a log file?
>
> * * * * * /programpath >>/home/nat/log.1 2>>/home/nat/log.2
>
> You can see what error messages might be appearing then.
>
> Could be path related.
>
> nat,

Thanks Nat, (and everyone else for trying)
This probved the way to solve it the crontab was actually running but there
were path problems inside the program which didn't show when it ran from the
command line.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog