[SWLUG] debian compatible motherboards

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Tue Jan 11 14:40:59 UTC 2005

Peter wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone recommend a Debian compatible mother board that is
> still current, ideally with on board graphics.
> It has to be Debian and Athlon or Intel is fine

What is it you want it to do? If it's general
serving/surfing/light-to-medium work, you wouldn't do too badly with a
MiniITX board with a Nehemiah-based processor - they're cheap and have
everything (including the processor) bundled, and Via loves Linux...
I've got Ubuntu installed on one, which is Debian with a posh frock on.

If you're wanting to crunch massive quantities of data at high speed, it
might not be for you though (aka "Your Milage May Vary").

Steve