[SWLUG] Re: Starting with Linux -- linux hardware db

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 22:23:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:35:11 +0000, Foeh Mannay
<foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> At the risk of tempting fate...
>
> I've *never* bothered to check linux compatibility on anything I've ever
> bought, and I've never had any problems.

Can't say this is true for myself.  Experienced this a few times with
hardware.  Had an issue with a supermicro mobo in 97 and had to wait
for a BIOS update before I could even install it.  Also had a CDROM
drive issue.  The last time (2001) we had Donald Becker fix some
drivers for the company I worked at IIRC. ughh.  no fun.

I know what you're saying though - problems are few and far between,
yada yada yada.