[SWLUG] Re: Starting with Linux

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 20 17:34:28 UTC 2005

It was a long time ago now, a couple of years, but I do remember the
only way I could get things like xchat and gaim to upgrade was via
source - around half the applications I tried to install with tarballs
wouldn't compile due to out of date / non-existent libraries, but that
was still a better chance than using RPM or YaST :o\

Foeh