[SWLUG] Restart Apache from php

Toby Maxwell-Lyte Toby.Maxwell-Lyte at eazyweb.net
Fri Jan 21 09:45:23 UTC 2005

On 21 Jan 2005 at 9:22, Keith Edmunds wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:40:49 -0000
> "Toby Maxwell-Lyte" <Toby.Maxwell-Lyte at eazyweb.net> wrote:
>
> > I have written a script that will add a virtual host to my
> > httpd.conf include directory. I would like to be able to envoke this
> > script from php so that I can quickly and eazily set up new
> > subdomains. Having done this I would then like to automatically
> > issue a "apachectl graceful" so that apache rereads httpd.conf.
>
> Are you unable to set up virtual domains such that a restart of Apache
> is not required? If not, I would try the PHP "system" command.

Sounds like a great idea, but how would I do this?

Toby
--
Toby Maxwell-Lyte    Project Manager

--/--/--/--   e a z y w e b  --/--/--/--
M u l t i m e d i a  &  W e b  D e s i g n
info at eazyweb.net    http://www.eazyweb.net
         http://www.eazycms.com
Tel: +44 (0)29 20344006   Fax: +44 (0)29 20344008

   For all your digital design needs...

This E-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. It is only intended for the use of the
Addressee. If you are not the addressee, the disclosure,
copying or delivering of this to any one else is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
E-mail in error, please delete immediately.