[SWLUG] Restart Apache from php

Toby Maxwell-Lyte Toby.Maxwell-Lyte at eazyweb.net
Fri Jan 21 14:27:06 UTC 2005

On 21 Jan 2005 at 13:54, justin at discordia.org.uk wrote:

> On 21 Jan, Toby Maxwell-Lyte wrote:
> > I guess I could store the desired domain names in a mysql db.
> > I could write a perl script that checked this db for entries and
> > then created new virtual hosts accordingly. I could then setup a
> > cronjob to run this script every 5 minutes.
>
> Apache does have support for multiple VirtualHosts without needing any
> config file changes or restarting.
>
> ive never tried it myself, but read here
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/mass.html

Thanks, I had seen that and unfortuantely the sites are not
necessarily stored in a directory that matches the domain name. The
sites are created dynamically therefore they're stored in directories
that have an integer that increases in value for each new site. This
makes it far easier for programmatic reasons.

e.g. www.example.com
points to /data/www/html/sites/site345/

www.tester.com
points to /data/www/html/sites/site462/

Cheers for the help though. I must admit the php -> mysql -> perl ->
cronjob idea is sounding the most applicable at the moment...

Thanks
Toby

--
Toby Maxwell-Lyte    Project Manager

--/--/--/--   e a z y w e b  --/--/--/--
M u l t i m e d i a  &  W e b  D e s i g n
info at eazyweb.net    http://www.eazyweb.net
         http://www.eazycms.com
Tel: +44 (0)29 20344006   Fax: +44 (0)29 20344008

   For all your digital design needs...

This E-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. It is only intended for the use of the
Addressee. If you are not the addressee, the disclosure,
copying or delivering of this to any one else is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
E-mail in error, please delete immediately.