[SWLUG] RE: mdk mouse probs

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 15:16:09 UTC 2005

Emyr42 . wrote:

> I have as MS optical USB wheelmouse, and it doesn't reckognise mine
> either. I just added a serial mouse for linux, and disabled it to
> windows, but it seems silly to have a mouse for each.
> and when i finally got that to work, there was no sound, but AC97
> systems (esp VIA) have been buggy in the past.

My MDK experience was that it found the mouse just fine - however you
HAVE to scroll the wheel when the installer asks.. and in 99% of cases
the generic PS2 Scrollwheel mouse setting worked with most mice.

I had the optical wireless MS Mouse, which worked fine except for an
issue that was common to Windows and Linux - it would forget to pass
mouse clicks on, and so you couldn't click anything. However as I said
that was a hardware issue as I've seen many of these mice do it in
Windows, and this one also did in Windows when tested on another pc.

Its now dead, as in a fit of pique I threw it against a wall ;-) I now
use a cheapy Packard Bell wireless mouse.... though for good cheap
cabled optical mice the Memorex ones are hard to beat...

	/Adam Rykala/
/adam at rykala.demon.co.uk/
	/Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
/