[SWLUG] Brands of CD that work with cdrecord?

Mark Summerfield mark at ptath.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 20:08:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just bought a box of TDK CDs (800MB RW) but I can't record on them
with cdrecord. It says
    Manufacturer is guessed because of the orange forum embargo.
    The orange forum likes to get money for recent information.
    The information for this media may not be correct.
It trys but fails to record correctly. I know the problem isn't with
cdrecord itself because my old CD-RWs "Master" brand (which I got 2
years ago but can't remember where from) record fine.

Can anyone let me know which brands they have used successfully with
Linux, or where I could get "Master" CD-RWs from?

If relevant I'm using Debian Sarge's modified cdrecord,
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu),
on a Linux-2.6.8-2-k7 kernel.

Thanks!

PS Sorry if this was sent before; I've just switched ISPs and got into
a mess.

--
Mark.