[SWLUG] Accessing hard drive partitions

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 02:55:01 UTC 2005

I'm working with a HP a705w which seems to have a very
interesting partition. It's got a windows recovery
partition of 5gb. Rather than provide the user with an
XP recovery/reinstallation disk, the bios allows
reinstallation from the secondary partition. Thus far
I've been unable to access the data on the secondary
partition. Any ideas? I'd like to be able to write the
700mb of the secondary partition to CD so that I can
format that and use it for Linux.