[SWLUG] Re: Xandros experience

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 20:44:10 UTC 2005

Thanks for the help. I've fixed the boot record on the
hard drive.

This leaves me with two working PCs... one runs
Windows XP and one runs Windows 98.

Now I have two more to work on. One had Windows 98 and
128mb ram. I'd like to run a Linux desktop environment
on that - in 128mb and run some photo-editing software
and use it on the internet. Is that possible or would
I be better turning it over to being a server? I can't
imagine Ubuntu would work with 128mb and 1.4ghz CPU.
It struggled to do much on the Dell 4300s with 256mb
ram and a 2.4ghz cpu. The other computer is a dell 600
with a 600mhz CPU and 64mb ram.