[SWLUG] This list

Pete Prior swlug at nermal.org
Tue Jul 26 14:35:23 UTC 2005

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> This list is starting to sound like a kids playground. Maybe I'm a
> grumpy old man, but do we need such contributions as the homophobic
> analysis and "how do I turn my PC on"?

Point taken.  The homophobic analysis stemmed from an inappropriate
email which

a) shouldn't have been posted in the first place
b) seems to have pissed off quite a few list members

These kind of emails can be ignored (As you have done) or responded to
in an attempt to inform the person in question that the said post is
inappropriate.
Granted, this could have been done privately, but then we wouldn't have
the glory of Rhys' shirt to gaze upon.

The second post I have no idea about.  First time poster it would seem -
I doubt it will happen again.

> I'd prefer this list to focus on Linux and related matters.

It normally does.  Like I said.  A particularly unacceptable email
caused a strong reaction in this case.

Pete