[SWLUG] Re: Discuss Digest, Vol 10, Issue 4

Drac draconid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:28:41 UTC 2005

It's been a long time since I've been to a LUG meeting (about two or
three years) or participated on this list, but I thought I'd put my
two cents in about this.

We ventured to the Wetherspoons once or twice before we settled Shot
In The Dark next door.  I can't exactly remember the reason we decided
on Shot In The Dark but I think it might have had something to do with
how busy it can get.  It used to be a bit hangout for students because
it's just round the corner from the Physics/Engineering/Comp Sci
block.  It won't be busy at the moment because the students will
either be in exams or heading home for summer.  Unless things have
changed remarkably over the past few years, it could well get very
busy in October.  Although, I suppose by that time the beer garden
won't be so appealing.

That said, I've always loved the pub and if I were likely to be going
back to meetings (which is unlikely since I'm on the verge of moving
further out of the city) I'd be happy to be going there.  Just wanted
to warn you all to watch out for term time.

Fran.