[SWLUG] Xandros in Windows Comp Mode pt 2

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 18:09:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 19:03 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm on my laptop now so I don't have to keep rebooting the desktop:
>
> Adam, I looked at xorg.conf and xorg.conf~ in VIM.  Can't see any
> differences. .xsession-errors I could not find.
>
> Mike I tried changing it to 'kbd' and what I got then was Xorg sort of
> loaded with three terminal windows open on a black screen.  When I quit
> out of the X Session I had a load of errors waiting in the CLI, more
> than before.
>
> Think it would be quicker to reinstall?  /home is a separate partition

Julian - what about the x log files in /var/log/? Anything there? Sounds
like its gon back to xdm

As a thought - you haven't install Yahoo's own messenger have you - that
corrupts things (try renaming $HOME/.xinitrc and restarting X?)

--

Adam Rykala
adam at rykala.demon.co.uk

-- > "Every group has a couple of experts. And every group has at least
one idiot. Thus are balance and harmony (and discord) maintained. It's
sometimes hard to remember this in the bulk of the flamewars that all of
the hassle and pain is generally caused by one or two highly-motivated,
caustic twits." -- Chuq Von Rospach, about Usenet