[SWLUG] Xandros in Windows Comp Mode pt 2

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 20:08:08 UTC 2005

Adam Rykala wrote:

> Odd thing is that X seems to work, only with a broken setup - My guess
> (note a guess) is a quick reboot (ok its a windowsism ;-)

Yay!  The *bleep*ing thing works!

OK now this *may be my fault and if it is I shall soundly thrash myself!

When Mike suggested changing keyboard to kbd, I did that, but I don't
*think* I rebooted.  I think I just tried restarting X again.

It could of course also be that I just found the Xandros 3.0 OCE install
CD and have it sat in the CD tray just in case this didn't work.  As
usual it seems PCs of all colours respond to threats!

Anyway, many thanks for all your help Adam, Mike and Dick :)

Kind regards,

Julian