[SWLUG] Employment agencies

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:09:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:09:04 +0000, Julian Hall <lists at kaotic.co.uk> wrote:
> I've recently quit my last job - 7 years tech support in a callcentre -
> hence why my brain now feels like a soggy dishmop.  I'm on the
> jobsite.co.uk mailing list, but I find a LOT of their jobs are either
> not in Wales, or only vaguely within the search parameters I set.
>
> My main problem is that I've got where I am on ability, not
> qualifications.  I'm not blowing my own trumpet, because it's a damned
> nuisance to see jobs I feel I could do advertised *requiring* a degree.
> I've got one A Level, and I'll be 35 in a few months.  Going back to
> school wasn't on my "To Do" list.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? ;)  I'm in a wheelchair, so nothing too physical
> would be nice :)
>
> Kind regards,,
>
> Julian

btw, and you might have heard this before, its always easier to find a
job when you have a job ;) so it may have not been such a wise move to
have quit before you had secured your next position.

other suggestions I forgot to mention are:  buying certain (soon-to-be
tabloid size) broadsheets: guardian on a thursday... western
mail...etc.  also, consider voluntary work (dunno how you feel about
that).

whilst a degree is no indicator of your ability to "do" a job, it,
allegedly, demonstrates an ability to learn, manage time, plagarise,
etc, and so people use it as a pre-requisite.  IMHO, degrees are worth
no more than O'levels these days.... more or less everybody has one.
look at the value of A'levels.. ssseesh.

theres nothing wrong with being a mature student either!!!!