[SWLUG] Employment agencies

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 00:28:28 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 12:09 am, Gerald Davies wrote:

> whilst a degree is no indicator of your ability to "do" a job, it,
> allegedly, demonstrates an ability to learn, manage time, plagarise,
> etc, and so people use it as a pre-requisite.  IMHO, degrees are worth
> no more than O'levels these days.... more or less everybody has one.
> look at the value of A'levels.. ssseesh.
>
> theres nothing wrong with being a mature student either!!!!

Hey watch it G!!! ;-)

Actually being a mature student was the best thing I've ever down... It does
teach research skills, collaborative working, group research (not that I
needed to learn these, 10 years beating NT and Exchange servers to death with
a stick does it better!)

I'll agree about a bare B.Sc, but the course list for my M.Phys looks pretty
nasty in year 4....

--
adam rykala / adam at rykala.demon.co.uk / pgp key id: 0x7f3c5776

	      At 2400 baud, no one can hear you scream.