[SWLUG] Black list agencies

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 16:00:15 UTC 2005

I would also concur - I spent about 9 months wasting my time with
agencies off jobserve - by all accounts I never once got to speak to
anyone useful (always on lunch or busy).Despite the fact that the only
restriction I specified was "commutable from Swansea" I was only ever
contacted ONCE by ONE of the agencies, asking if I would like to go for
an interview for a job in the midlands!

If you have to use agencies, it's definitely worth going in face to
face, as they have to talk to you then. Also it would seem that despite
all the guff on the web sites, unless you visit in person or telephone
once a week they won't consider you against any roles they have coming
in!

Foeh