[SWLUG] Re: Giving up Windows

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 16:29:51 UTC 2005

Yup - first thing I tried. Sadly it didn't do a thing :o(

ISTR their patches revolved all around uPNP and rubbish like that. If
only they thought to make the thing work in the first place.

And they're another company who care about customer service so much they
outsource their "support" to Bangalore. After half an hour of being told
"yes I understand, sir" by someone who clearly doesn't, you can see
where the savings come from.

Plus the both the front panel and the web interface (the only way to
drive it) lies about whether you're online or not. Great for
diagnostics. BT lost the whole DSLAM I'm on once and there sat the
router saying it was online. Even after a reboot. Try to get it to
disconnect and it suddenly knows it's not online, but it still says
online when you check the status :o)

I could go on for an hour about the piece of junk. A friend in work told
me "you're very newspaper and slippers" - which is right I suppose but
hey, when I buy something that claims to do X, Y and Z, but then only
sort of does Y, and a little bit of J, I think I have the right to be
narked at it!

Foeh