[SWLUG] ADSL wifi modem routers

Fri Mar 4 21:55:02 UTC 2005

Gerald Davies wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> mentioned this earlier today - i finally have adsl (they fixed the
> lines in my area!!!) yay!
>
> any recommendations on what to buy/look at? (did i ask that earlier)
>
> i'm considering going with belkin.  i've seen a lot of negative posts
> wrt netgear, but that might be just me!  i already have a linksys ap
> which isn't bad i suppose.
>
> cheers,

I've got a 3COM access point (3CRWE454G72 - OfficeConnect Wireless 11g
Access Point)connected to an IPCop router. Not quite what you're looking
for, but the 3COM access point has been great. Easy to setup and
configure, good support for WAP and works well with the network (running
as a interconnect onto it's own network card via the Blue network).

It's connected up with a 3COM XJack 108MBps card on the laptop. I
couldn't get it to work with the Atheros chipset linux drivers (issue
with the revision of the chipset), but NDISWrapper works great. Well
worth looking at the 3COM version.

My Access Point:
http://www.3com.com/prod/en_UK_EMEA/detail.jsp?tab=features&sku=3CRWE454G72

Router Equivalent:
http://www.3com.com/prod/en_UK_EMEA/detail.jsp?tab=features&sku=3CRWE554G72T

--
Jonathan Wright <mail at djnauk dot co dot uk>
   Life has no meaning unless we can enjoy what we've been given