[SWLUG] Broadband in Ponty.

Mike C mike at iamthepenguin.com
Sat Mar 12 20:19:12 UTC 2005

Hi all,

We're looking to possibly move to Pontypridd from Cardiff in the spring so we
won't be able to have NTL cable broadband anymore. BT's website says that the
local exchange supports ADSL up to 2mb, so at least we're not stuck with
56k ;-)

My question is, does anyone have a good recommendation for a broadband
provider? BT themselves do a good 2mb package but i'm a bit wary of them.

The other question is, where do i stand with my wireless network? Would it be
possible to use a combo ADSL-modem/router and forward it to my non-ADSL
wireless router and carry on as normal? Are there any potential Linux-related
pitfalls i should be wary of?

Really i'm asking if anyone in S.Wales without cable can recommend a good
service?

Thanks in advance lads

Mike