[SWLUG] Re: Run from CD Linux

Rhys Jones rhys.j.jones at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:37:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:13:19 -0000, Tony Pursell
<ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> With Adeptec's Easy CD Writer all I need to do is to double click the
> .iso file.  I'd be surprised if Nero doesn't do that as well.

It depends how 'very basic' the version of Sonic is that Rhys S has.
If it doesn't have the ability to write an iso file (and none of the
recent trial versions of it do), then this may be a problem. Whilst
Windows XP has integrated support for writing files to CD, it doesn't
deal with iso images.

So I suggest that Rhys S completely wipe Windows from the HD and
install Linux instead. (Or, alternatively, has a look at
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm )

Rhys
--
http://cysyllta.blogspot.com/