[SWLUG] Re: Run from CD Linux

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 18:09:32 UTC 2005

Rhys Sage wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions but sadly none seem to work
>so far

Hi Rhys,

Enough people have said how to burn ISOs with Nero that I won't bore you
with a repetition.  However I can probably tell you why Nero 5 won't see
your CD Writer.  I bought a new laptop recently and dutifully bunged
Nero 5.5 on it.  Nero wouldn't see the DVDRW.  Simple reason.  The
writer was *newer* than the version of Nero.  Get the free trial of 6.x
and you'll no doubt find it will recognise your burner :)

Kind regards,

Julian