[SWLUG] Re: Run from CD Linux

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Wed Mar 16 11:50:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:39:04PM +0000, Rhys Sage wrote:
> The situation gets ever more interesting. The computer
> that has the data locked away on the hard drive is a
> Dell Dimension 1100. Today I decided to take the hard
> drive out in order to caddy it in order to get the

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you've royally screwed things up there, for a
start there isn't even such a system as a Dell Dimension 1100 according
to the Dell website. When you find out what the correct model is if you
go to Dell's website then you should be able to find details
instructions of how to take their computers apart. I once bought an old
Dell Optiplex P75 from a computer show and despite the fact that it had
been discontinued for many years I found a guide on support.dell.com
that told me how to take the system apart into many pieces.

These days however Dell usually have one little bit of plastic you press
and everything falls apart, I guess you missed this.

Phil.