[SWLUG] Re: Run from CD Linux

Lyn David Thomas lyn at trebute.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 07:22:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:30:47 +0000
Steve Anderson <steve at twindx.com> wrote:

> Seconded. In all my years of having to open up PCs to fix and/or
upgrade
> and/or clean muck out of, Dell PCs have been nothing but a joy to deal

> with. We have two at work, the most recent of which I had open today
> install a second graphics card, and this involved pushing in two
buttons
> on the sides and, um, opening it. No screws.

The vast majority of our corporate donors supply us with Dell optiplex
machines, these have the two buttons to open, hard drives that sit on
one screw connected caddies, CD ROMS that have no screw caddies - likewise
floppy drives.  The expansion cards sit on a riser card that is removed
with a leaver, the motherboard is attached with one screw... they are
so easy to work on, and I am convinced this is the reason why they have
sold so well to the corporate world, ease of working on!

--
Lyn David Thomas