[SWLUG] wireless card

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 19:14:33 UTC 2005

Dick Bain wrote:

> also had not noticed that it was around midnight whenI fiddled so the
> date still out of kilter, doh!
> and also.....
> I am now admitting defeat and looking for another wireless card cos
> this pile of dogs doodoo will not be seen by ndiswrapper no matter
> what I try! arse!
> Dick

Hi Dick,

Does lspci see the card?  As far as my admittedly limited knowledge of
Linux goes, logic says it ought to at least *see* the device regardless
of whether it knows what to do with it.  If it doesn't chances are that
Linux won't see *any* PCMCIA / Cardbus cards, and getting a new one
could be chucking good money after bad.  Anything Unknown in lspci?  Do
you have any other PCMCIA cards to check it with?  How about hotplug?
Try cardctl eject and cardctl insert and see what dmesg says.

Hope I'm not sounding like an expert because I'm not.  I just know I was
asked to check these when I had the same or similar problem.

Kind regards,

Julian