[SWLUG] wireless card

Dick Bain dick at towy71.uklinux.net
Sun Mar 20 21:46:22 UTC 2005

Julian Hall wrote:
> Dick Bain wrote:
>
>> also had not noticed that it was around midnight whenI fiddled so the
>> date still out of kilter, doh!
>> and also.....
>> I am now admitting defeat and looking for another wireless card cos
>> this pile of dogs doodoo will not be seen by ndiswrapper no matter
>> what I try! arse!
>> Dick
>

> Hi Dick,
>
> Does lspci see the card?  As far as my admittedly limited knowledge of
> Linux goes, logic says it ought to at least *see* the device regardless
> of whether it knows what to do with it.  If it doesn't chances are that
> Linux won't see *any* PCMCIA / Cardbus cards, and getting a new one
> could be chucking good money after bad.  Anything Unknown in lspci?  Do
> you have any other PCMCIA cards to check it with?  How about hotplug?
> Try cardctl eject and cardctl insert and see what dmesg says.
>
> Hope I'm not sounding like an expert because I'm not.  I just know I was
> asked to check these when I had the same or similar problem.

Julian thankyou for the reply but the card is seen as:
Advanced Micro Devices Am 1771 MBW (Alchemy)
and installing ndiswrapper and any of the drivers for win98se winME
win2000 or winXP
  and dmesg has this on the end:
ndiswrapper version 0.8 loaded
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:RtlInitUnicodeString
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:MmBuildMdlForNonPagedPool
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:PsTerminateSystemThread
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:KeWaitForMultipleObjects
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:PsCreateSystemThread
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:ZwClose
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:ObfDereferenceObject
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:KeResetEvent
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:KeReleaseMutex
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:KeInitializeMutex
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:IoGetDeviceProperty
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:MmSizeOfMdl
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:RtlFreeAnsiString
Unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe:MmUnmapLockedPages
Unknown symbol: HAL.dll:KeQueryPerformanceCounter
Unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:NdisMRegisterUnloadHandler
Unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:NdisMAllocateSharedMemoryAsync
Unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS:NdisMQueryAdapterInstanceName
Unable to prepare driver
the above I posted from laptop using other pcmcia slot and wired network
card ;-)
I just wanted to get the bu**er working so I could use hotspots in town
to get bb.

Dick